Scott Carnahan (G)(M)
- Tenure-Track Assistant Professor at University of Tsukuba, starting Nov. 2012.
- Postdoctoral Scholar at Kavli IPMU, University of Tokyo, 2010-2012.
- C.L.E. Moore Fellow at MIT, 2007-2010.
- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of California, Berkeley, May 2007.
- Advisor: Richard Borcherds.
- Dissertation: Monstrous Lie algebras and generalized moonshine.
- Generalized Moonshine II: Borcherds products
- Duke Mathematical Journal 161:5 (2012), 893-950. (arXiv)
- Generalized Moonshine I: Genus zero functions
- Algebra and Number Theory 4:6 (2010) 649-679 (arXiv)
Recent Research Talks (full list)
- Borcherds products in monstrous moonshine:
- September 14, 2010, Math-String seminar, IPMU
- November 17, 2010, Representation theory seminar, RIMS
- November 25, 2010, Workshop on Lattices, Reflection Groups, and Algebraic Geometry, Nagoya University
- November 29, 2010, IPMU Komaba seminar, University of Tokyo
- Conformal blocks on nodal curves:
- June 3, 2011, CMS meeting, University of Alberta
- September 11, 2011, AMS sectional meeting, Cornell University
- September 20, 2011, CFT2011, University of Heidelberg
- Generalized moonshine, January 24, 2012, University of Alberta
- Conformal blocks on log-smooth curves I-IV, March-April 2012, IPMU
- JSPS Grant-in-Aid for young scientists (B) 2012-2015
- Address: 5-1-5 Kashiwanoha, 277-8583 Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
- Office Phone: +81-04-7136-6539
- Email: scott [dot] carnahan [at-sign] ipmu [dot] jp